January 3, 2018: Annual Art Competition
Artists Magazine’s Annual Art Competition wants to honor your most outstanding work. If your art is deserving of being celebrated in the pages of Artists Magazine, this competition is for you! $24,000 in cash prizes plus publication in Artists Magazine.
CASH & PRIZES
- 5 First Place Awards: $2,500 each
- 5 Second Place Awards: $1,250 each
- 5 Third Place Awards: $750 each
- 15 Honorable Mentions: $100 each
- Winners’ names and work will be featured in a future issue of Artists Magazine
- 5 First Place Awards: free subscription to Artists Network TV for 1 year ($199 value)+ two free on-demand art courses (XX value)
- 5 Second Place Awards: free subscription to Artists Network TV for 1 year ($199 value) + one free on-demand art course (XX value)
- 5 Third Place Awards: free subscription to Artists Network TV for 1 year ($199 value)
- Award winners’ names and work will be featured in the December 2018 issue of Artists Magazine
Categories and Jurors
- Portrait and figure entries can be individuals or groups, and will be judged on expressiveness and draftsmanship.
- Entries will be judged on overall design, unique arrangement of subject matter, handling of medium, lighting and mood.
- Any landscape, from city scenes to imaginary horizons, will be judged on the creative use of form, space, lighting and mood.
- With unlimited subject matter, entries will be judged on creative use of design, texture, media, lighting or special techniques.
- Any animal in any setting is fair game for this category. Entries will be judged on the innovative handling of the subject, the expression and rendering.